This post will stay updated to note the federation policy of this instance.
Generally speaking, the federation policy is open and ideally want to maintain this stance. We wish to allow open access to communities that operate at least closely to the Community Guidelines. I believe this to be the policy that’s easiest to deal with.
Instances and communities may be added to the blocklist if:
- it primarily hosts NSFW content
- the instance primarily hosts pornography or community contains and allows of pornography
- it generally contains illegal content or content that could be reasonably deemed as pushing the bounds of legality
- the moderation and userbase are very politically motivated
- a host to trolling, bigotry, and/or intentionally offensive content
- Causes a severely undue burden of moderation
- it is hacked, breached, or used for spam
Hosting this server is a part-time operation and my concerns are two-fold:
Due to how federation works, I believe someone could argue that content federated from other communities may count as this server hosting the content.
This is a part-time operation with a limited number of community members helping out and flamewars/internet fights suck to mediate.
If an instance or community is removed, you may appeal in @support@firstname.lastname@example.org and all will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Instances and communities removed for being hacked, breached, or spam will be allowed after the admins/mods rectify the situation.
As mod tooling improves for Lemmy, we may be able to revisit former instance/community removals.
Updates: 2023-July-11: Added link to Community Guidelines; Added justification; Added appeals section;